Corporate Management Services Division
Ms Sarah Choane: Deputy Director General – Corporate Management Services Division (CMSD)
Customer-centric and integrated resource solutions in human resource management, information and communication technology (ICT), legal services and facilities management.
- Provide credible and customer-centric services that enhance service delivery;
- Attract, develop and retain the right quality and number of commited officials;
- Implement transformation through Employment Equity (EE) and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE);
- Ensure value-adding business resource management that enhances efficiency;
- Strengthen the dtic‘s corporate governance; and
- Ensure intra-divisional excellence.
- Office of the DDG: CMSD
- Human Resources and the Learning Centre;
- Office of the Chief Information Officer;
- Legal Services
- Office of the Chief Operations Officer.
Office DDG: CMSD
Provides strategic guidance and management.
Human Resources and the Learning Centre
- The unit is responsible for providing effective and efficient human resource solutions, and administrative and support services to the dtic staff;
- It creates an enabling environment for increased productivity and well-being, characterised by equity, quality and code of ethics; and
- Furthermore, this unit is tasked with ensuring that required competencies are effectively identified, utilised, developed and nurtured to best equip the dtic to deliver on its mandate.
Office of the Chief Information Officer
The unit is responsible for providing the dtic with strategic enabling information communication technology (ICT) services to enhance the organisational effectiveness and efficiency, in support of the dtic‘s overall strategy.
Provides quality, effective and efficient legal and administration support services, including:
- Qualitative legal opinions across various legal disciplines for the dtic;
- Drafting, vetting and negotiating legal sound contracts and international agreements for the dtic;
- Providing legal technical assistance with regard to the parliamentary legislative process undertaken by the dtic; and
- Management of all litigation and legal processes for the dtic.
Office of the Chief Operations Officer
- Provides the office of the DDG: CMSD with operational support towards the achievement of divisional objectives;
- Provides safe, secure and conducive office accommodation; the use of space as a scarce resource and solutions around its optimisation; and
- Implements minimum information and physical security standards through awareness creation, personnel and contractor vetting, and providing the necessary technical counter-surveillance measures, support and equipment.