Institutional Support for Industrial Development
the dti collaborates with a range of institutions and stakeholders in developing strategies and policies to achieve rapid industrialisation of the country’s manufacturing sectors. The institutions and stakeholders include other government departments, particularly in the Economic Sector and Employment Cluster, the National Economic Development and Labour Council, and organised business formations, such as Business Unity South Africa (BUSA) and Industry Associations.
the dti institutions and partners that support the implementation of it’s industrial development mandate include:
- National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications (NRCS)
- National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA)
- South African Bureau of Standards (SABS)
- Industrial Development Corporation (IDC)
- The South African National Accreditation System (SANAS)