Posted: May 9, 2022
20 – 24 February 2023, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Applications are open for companies in the defence sector to participate in the South African Pavilion at the International Defence Exhibition and Conference (IDEX), the only international trade exhibition in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region demonstrating the latest technology in land, sea and air sectors of defence.
IDEX offers a unique platform to establish and strengthen relationships with government departments, businesses and armed forces throughout the region. The 2023 exhibition will encompass an array of defence-related products such as electro-optic and electronic warfare systems, homeland/internal security equipment, humanitarian aid, land vehicles and systems, logistics and support systems and services, medical and survival equipment, radar systems, sea vehicles and systems, simulation and training systems, weapons and ordinance.
The Middle East has increased its military spending over the past decade, making it a strategic and important market for South Africa’s defence products and services. In addition, the Department of Trade, Industry and Competition seeks to support local South African manufacturers through participation at the event, and to contribute to a competitive export industry, which is a key focus area of our country’s Economic Reconstruction and Recovery Plan.
The following financial support will be offered to qualifying companies:
- Exhibition space and booth rental costs
- Freight-forwarding of display material
- Air travel assistance up to R20 000.00 – for small, medium and micro enterprises (SMMEs) and black-owned enterprises (BOEs) only
- Daily subsistence allowance of R3 500.00 per day – SMMEs and BOEs only
Applications close on 19 September 2022.
For more information, visit www.idexuae.ae
Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the dtic website: http://www.thedtic.gov.za/sectors-and-services-2/1-4-2-trade-and-export/export-marketing-and-investment-assistance-emia/group-offerings/
|For enquiries pertaining to applications, sector and/or event please contact:|
|Ms Virginia Mbuyisa
Tel: 012 394 5988
|Mr Harold Manamela
Tel: 012 394 1145
- the dtic will only be responsible for the company’s benefits as per the Export Marketing and Investment Assistance (EMIA) guidelines. Individual companies will be responsible for any COVID-19 related costs, such as PCR tests and quarantine.
- In compliance with the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Amendment Act, applicants must submit a valid Level 4 B-BBEE certificate or sworn affidavit (an affidavit is for entities with turnover of less than R10 million).
- The deadline for submission of complete National Pavilion application forms and supporting documentation is 19 September 2022. Only emailed applications will be accepted.