the dtic and Microsoft’s Digital Transformation Programme – Closing date 4 March 2021
Black Industrialists Scheme (BIS):
- BIS Interpretation Note 1/2020, effective 1 February 2020
- BIS Interpretation Note 2/2018, effective 1 October 2018
- BIS Interpretation Note 2/2017, effective 1 October 2017
- BIS Important Notice (1/2017)
- BIS Interpretation Note 1/2017, effective 1 February 2017
Black Industrialist Overview
An overview of the Black Industrialists Programme and its guidelines
Black industrialists success stories
Profiles of selected BI beneficiaries and the success stories of the BI Programme. These profiled companies were launched in 2017 by the Minister or Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry.
The purpose of Black Industrialists (BI) policy is to leverage the State’s capacity to unlock the industrial potential that exists within black-owned and managed businesses that operate within the South African economy through deliberate, targeted and well-defined financial and non-financial interventions as described in the IPAP and other government policies.
The policy seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Accelerate the quantitative and qualitative increase and participation of Black Industrialists in the national economy, selected industrial sectors and value chains, as reflected by their contribution to growth, investment, exports and employment; and
- Create multiple and diverse pathways and instruments for Black Industrialists to enter strategic and targeted industrial sectors and value chains.
- In short therefore the broader objective is aimed at promoting industrialisation, sustainable economic growth and transformation through the support of black-owned entities in the manufacturing sector.
- the dti Black Industrialists Policy
- Black Industrialists Guidelines
- Application procedure:
For more information, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
The required documents for claiming:
- The claim form;
- The checklist (providing a full list of required documents);
- The credit order instruction form
- The Factual Finding Report (FFR) completed by an accredited auditor; and
- Asset (register) list
- Employee list
- Invoice Reconciliation Sheet
Submit all claims to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details to be used for Incentive Applications and Claims from 27 March 2020
Launch of the Black Industrialists Scheme
Trade and Industry panel opening comments