Black Industrialists Scheme (BIS):
The purpose of Black Industrialists (BI) policy is to leverage the State’s capacity to unlock the industrial potential that exists within black-owned and managed businesses that operate within the South African economy through deliberate, targeted and well-defined financial and non-financial interventions as described in the IPAP and other government policies.
The policy seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Accelerate the quantitative and qualitative increase and participation of Black Industrialists in the national economy, selected industrial sectors and value chains, as reflected by their contribution to growth, investment, exports and employment; and
- Create multiple and diverse pathways and instruments for Black Industrialists to enter strategic and targeted industrial sectors and value chains.
- In short therefore the broader objective is aimed at promoting industrialisation, sustainable economic growth and transformation through the support of black-owned entities in the manufacturing sector.
Black Industrialist Overview
An overview of the Black Industrialists Programme and its guidelines
Black industrialists success stories
Profiles of selected BI beneficiaries and the success stories of the BI Programme. These profiled companies were launched in 2017 by the Minister or Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry.
On 4 November 2015, Cabinet approved the Black Industrialists Policy which aligns with the Industrial Policy Action Plan, the National Development Plan and the Nine Point Plan that was announced by President Jacob Zuma in the 2015 State of the Nation Address.
- BIS Interpretation Note 1/2020, effective 1 February 2020
- BIS Interpretation Note 2/2018, effective 1 October 2018
- BIS Interpretation Note 2/2017, effective 1 October 2017
- BIS Important Notice (1/2017)
- BIS Interpretation Note 1/2017, effective 1 February 2017
Please follow the steps in this document to download and save the form on your local drive.
- the dti Black Industrialists Policy
- Black Industrialists Guidelines
- Application procedure:
- Black Industrialist Scheme Application checklist
- Important Notice before applying
- Black Industrialist Application form. Submit application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BIS Application Form Annexure (Applicants are required to complete the annexures)
- Non-Financial Support Application Form
For more information, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
The required documents for claiming:
- The claim form;
- BIS Claim Annexure (Claimants are required to complete the annexures)
- The checklist (providing a full list of required documents);
- The credit order instruction form
- The Factual Finding Report (FFR) completed by an accredited auditor; and
- Asset (register) list
- Employee list
- Invoice Reconciliation Sheet
Submit all claims to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications BIapplications@thedtic.gov.za Claims email@example.com Enquiries BIEnquiries@thedtic.gov.za
Launch of the Black Industrialists Scheme
Trade and Industry panel opening comments
‘We are looking for dedicated manufacturers’: Rob Davies Launch of the Black Industrialists Policy discussion