Agro-Processing Support Scheme(APSS)
The Agro-Processing Support Scheme (APSS) aims to stimulate investment by the South African agro-processing / beneficiation (agri-business) enterprises. The investment should demonstrate that it will achieve some of the following:
Increased capacity, employment creation, modernised machinery and equipment, competitiveness and productivity improvement and broadening participation.
- The scheme offers a 20% to a 30% cost-sharing grant to a maximum of R20 million over a two-year investment period, with a last claim to be submitted within six months after the final approved milestone.
- the dtic may consider an additional 10% grant for projects that meet all economic benefit criteria such as employment, transformation, geographic spread and local procurement.
- The maximum approved grant may be utilised on a combination of investment costs provided the applicant illustrates a sound business case for the proposed investment activities.
- An applicant must submit a completed application form and business plan with detailed agro-processing/beneficiation activities, budget plans and projected income statement and balance sheet, for a period of at least three years for the project. The project/business must exhibit economic merit in terms of sustainability.
- The application must be submitted within the designated application window period, prior to start of processing/beneficiation or undertaking activities being applied for. Any assets bought and taken into commercial use or competitiveness improvements costs incurred before applying for the incentive will be considered as non-qualifying.
- For existing entities, submit latest financial statements, reviewed by an independent external auditor or accredited person, not older than 18 months.
- The approved entity may not reduce its employment levels from the average employment levels for a 12-month period prior to the date of application, and these employment levels should be maintained for the duration of the incentive period/ agreement.
|Ms Bernice Clacher||BClacher@thedtic.gov.za||012 394 1263|
|Ms Morateng Tyhali||MTyhali@thedti.gov.za||012 394 1200|
|Ms Semakaleng Mangwedifirstname.lastname@example.org||012 394 1073|
|Ms Rinny Mmakauemail@example.com||012 394 1618|
Please follow the steps in this document to download and save the form on your local drive.
Required documents for application:
- Agro-Processing Support Scheme Guidelines
- Terms and Conditions
- Agro-Processing Support Scheme Application Form
- APSS Application Form Annexure (Applicants are required to complete the annexures)
- Agro-Processing Support Scheme Balance Sheet
Required documents for claims:
- Agro-Processing Support Scheme Claim form
- APSS Claim Annexure (Claimants are required to complete the annexures)
- Report on Factual Findings (FFR)
- Credit Input
- Asset and Employment List
- Invoice Reconciliation Sheet
- Raw Material Invoice Reconciliation Sheet