Agro-Processing Support Scheme(APSS)
Application Window Period
Agro-Processing Support Scheme next designated application window for the receipt of applications will be extended from 1 April 2019 until further notice. You are requested to kindly submit accurate and completed applications with all relevant supporting documentation by email to email@example.com
The Agro-Processing Support Scheme (APSS) aims to stimulate investment by the South African agro-processing / beneficiation (agri-business) enterprises. The investment should demonstrate that it will achieve some of the following:
Increased capacity, employment creation, modernised machinery and equipment, competitiveness and productivity improvement and broadening participation.
- The scheme offers a 20% to a 30% cost-sharing grant to a maximum of R20 million over a two-year investment period, with a last claim to be submitted within six months after the final approved milestone.
- the dti may consider an additional 10% grant for projects that meet all economic benefit criteria such as employment, transformation, geographic spread and local procurement.
- The maximum approved grant may be utilised on a combination of investment costs provided the applicant illustrates a sound business case for the proposed investment activities.
- An applicant must submit a completed application form and business plan with detailed agro-processing/beneficiation activities, budget plans and projected income statement and balance sheet, for a period of at least three years for the project. The project/business must exhibit economic merit in terms of sustainability.
- The application must be submitted within the designated application window period, prior to start of processing/beneficiation or undertaking activities being applied for. Any assets bought and taken into commercial use or competitiveness improvements costs incurred before applying for the incentive will be considered as non-qualifying.
- For existing entities, submit latest financial statements, reviewed by an independent external auditor or accredited person, not older than 18 months.
- The approved entity may not reduce its employment levels from the average employment levels for a 12-month period prior to the date of application, and these employment levels should be maintained for the duration of the incentive period/ agreement.
- Minimum qualifying investment size, including competitiveness improvement cost, will be at least R1 million.
Contact details to be used for Incentive Applications and Claims from 27 March 2020
|Ms Suzan Chiloanefirstname.lastname@example.org||012 394 1208|
|Ms Semakaleng Mangwediemail@example.com||012 394 1073|
|Ms Rinny Mmakaufirstname.lastname@example.org||012 394 1618|
- Agro-Processing Support Scheme Guidlines (141KB)
- Terms and Conditions (242 KB)
- Agro-Processing Support Scheme Balance Sheet (122 KB)
- Agro-Processing Support Scheme Claim form (262 KB)
- Credit Input
- Factual Findings Report (45 KB)
- Agro-Processing Support Scheme Application Form (265 KB)
- Asset and Employment List
- Invoice Reconciliation Sheet