Primary Market Research (PMR) and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Assistance is provided to partially compensate entities for costs incurred in researching and defining new export markets and/or to recruit new foreign direct investment into South Africa through personal contact, by visiting potential buyers or investors in foreign countries.
- Entities manufacturing any products or providing services produced within South Africa and that supports the dtic priority sectors.
- Entities that outsource their manufacturing process within South Africa that supports the dtic priority sectors.
- South African export trading houses and commission agents representing at least three local manufacturing and/or service entities that support the dtic priority sectors.
- South African Export Councils, Industry Associations and Joint Action Groups representing at least five of its members within the local manufacturing and/or service sectors that support the dtic priority sectors.
Financial Assistance available to SMME’s and HDI’s
Economy class return airfare to a maximum amount of R20 000
Subsistence allowance (R3,000 per day for two appointment per day, maximum 10 days);
Transport of samples (Maximum R1,500);
Additional financial support of R35,000 for a traveller living with disabilities
Design and print cost of marketing materials R5,000
A completed application must be submitted to the dtic three (3) to six (6) months before the commencement date of the event.
Apply on line https://oisportal.thedtic.gov.za
The following documents should be ready in PDF format for to upload it when applying online:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- B-BBEE Certificate or affidavit where applicable
- SARS Tax Compliance Status (TCS) Pin Document
- Financial Statements: Audited/ Reviewed/ Compiled
- Brochure or Website printout of products or services
- Exporters registration certificate (Not applicable for service-oriented entities, Export Councils, Industry Associations and Joint Action Groups)
- Export Marketing Plan
- Commission Agent: Three (3) agency agreements with entities to be represented at the specific event.
- Export Trading House: Three (3) signed letters of permission from entities to be represented at the specific event.
- South African Export Councils, Industry Associations and Joint Action Groups: Five (5) signed letters of permission from entities to be represented at the specific event.
- Entities that outsource their manufacturing process or parts thereof: Valid formal outsourcing/manufacturing agreement/s. The agreement should be signed, dated and stipulate the outsourced activities and the expiry date of the agreement.
- Detailed Work Itinerary with at least 2 appointments per day
- Confirmation letters of appointments
- 3 Air ticket Quotations from different service providers of choice or a letter with reason why it is not used (i.e not applicable for virtual events)
- 3 Freight Forwarding quotations from service providers of choice or a letter why it is not used
- 3 quotations for marketing materials from service providers of choice or a letter with reason why it is not used
- Motivation and 3 quotations for additional assistance for person with disabilities
Download: SIC Codes [PDF]
Download: EMIA Primary Market Research/ Foreign Direct Investment and Product Registration in a Foreign Market Guidelines [PDF]
IMPORTANT CONTACT DETAILS
|Technical OIS Assistance||Ms Hermina Lewis: HLewis@thedtic.gov.za|
|Guidelines and application enquiries||EMIAContactApps@thedtic.gov.za|
|EMIA Claim enquiries||EMIAContactClaims@thedtic.gov.za|
|the dtic Call Centre||0861 843 384|