Primary Market Research (PMR) and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Assistance is provided to partially compensate entities for costs incurred in researching and defining new export markets and/or to recruit new foreign direct investment into South Africa through personal contact, by visiting potential buyers or investors in foreign countries.
Entities may attend a relevant exhibition under PMR in the same market. Two days of subsistence allowance for the exhibition will be considered on condition that a minimum of at least two (2) days of appointments outside the visiting days to the exhibition is scheduled.
- Entities manufacturing any products or providing services produced within South Africa and that supports the dtic priority sectors.
- Entities that outsource their manufacturing process within South Africa that supports the dtic priority sectors.
- South African export trading houses and commission agents representing at least three local manufacturing and/or service entities that support the dtic priority sectors.
- South African Export Councils, Industry Associations and Joint Action Groups representing at least five of its members within the local manufacturing and/or service sectors that support the dtic priority sectors.
Financial Assistance available to SMME’s and HDI’s
Economy class return airfare to a maximum amount of R20 000
Subsistence allowance (R3,000 per day for two appointment per day and Two (2) days of subsistence allowance for attendance of an exhibition will be considered to a maximum of 10 days)
Transport of samples (Maximum R1,500);
Additional financial support of maximum R35,000 for a traveller living with disabilities
Design and print cost of marketing materials R5,000
A completed application must be submitted to the dtic three (3) to six (6) months before the commencement date of the event.
Apply on line https://oisportal.thedtic.gov.za
The following documents should be ready in PDF format for to upload it when applying online:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- B-BBEE Certificate or affidavit where applicable
- SARS Tax Compliance Status (TCS) Pin Document
- Financial Statements: Audited/ Reviewed/ Compiled
- Brochure or Website printout of products or services
- Exporters registration certificate (Not applicable for service-oriented entities, Export Councils, Industry Associations and Joint Action Groups)
- Export Marketing Plan
- Commission Agent: Three (3) agency agreements with entities to be represented at the specific event.
- Export Trading House: Three (3) signed letters of permission from entities to be represented at the specific event.
- South African Export Councils, Industry Associations and Joint Action Groups: Five (5) signed letters of permission from entities to be represented at the specific event.
- Entities that outsource their manufacturing process or parts thereof: Valid formal outsourcing/manufacturing agreement/s. The agreement should be signed, dated and stipulate the outsourced activities and the expiry date of the agreement.
- Detailed Work Itinerary with at least 2 appointments per day
- Confirmation letters of appointments
- PMR linked to Exhibition: Brochure/website printout regarding the details of the exhibition.
- 3 Air ticket Quotations from different service providers of choice or a letter with reason why it not used (i.e not applicable for virtual events)
- 3 Freight Forwarding quotations from service providers of choice or a letter why it is not used
- 3 quotations for marketing materials from service providers of choice or a letter with reason why it is not used
- Motivation and 3 quotations for additional assistance for person with disabilities
Download: SIC Codes [PDF]
Download: EMIA Primary Market Research/ Foreign Direct Investment and Product Registration in a Foreign Market Guidelines [PDF]
IMPORTANT CONTACT DETAILS
|Technical OIS Assistance||Ms Hermina Lewis: HLewis@thedtic.gov.za|
|Guidelines and application enquiries||EMIAContactApps@thedtic.gov.za|
|EMIA Claim enquiries||EMIAContactClaims@thedtic.gov.za|
|the dtic Call Centre||0861 843 384|