Product Registration in Foreign Markets is provided to partially compensate for international patent, quality and trade-mark registration, copyright and product certification and/or product packaging and labelling. Testing as part of the registration of a product in a foreign market would only be considered if this clearly forms part of the required activities to register the product in that market.
- Entities that manufacture products or provide services in South Africa and fall within the dtic priority sectors.
- Entities that outsource their manufacturing process in South Africa and fall within the dtic priority sectors.
Financial assistance available
Product registration in a foreign market: International patent, quality and/or trade-mark registration, copyright and product certification.
- Limited to 50% of the actual costs (to maximum of R300 000 per annum)
- Only invoices dated six months prior to and 12 months after the date of EMIA’s approval for registration of a product in a foreign market will be considered for reimbursement.
A completed application must be submitted to the dtic three to six months before the commencement date of the event.
Apply online at https://oisportal.thedtic.gov.za
The following documents in PDF format should be ready to upload when applying online:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- B-BBEE Certificate or affidavit, where applicable
- SARS Tax Compliance Status (TCS) pin document
- Financial Statements: Audited/Reviewed/Compiled
- Brochure or website print-out of products or services
- Exporter registration certificate (not applicable for service-oriented entities, export councils, industry associations and joint action groups)
- Export marketing plan
- Entities that outsource their manufacturing process or parts thereof: Valid formal outsourcing/manufacturing agreement/s. The agreement should be signed and dated, and stipulate the outsourced activities and expiry date of the agreement.
- Summary overview of assistance required in terms of the type of registration, the testing required, the registration body and timeframe.
Download: SIC Codes [PDF]
Download: EMIA Primary Market Research/ Foreign Direct Investment and Product Registration In A Foreign Market Guidelines [PDF]
Download: Supplier Maintenance Form
IMPORTANT CONTACT DETAILS
|Technical OIS Assistance||Ms Hermina Lewis: HLewis@thedtic.gov.za|
|Guidelines and application enquiries||EMIAContactApps@thedtic.gov.za|
|EMIA Claim enquiries||EMIAContactClaims@thedtic.gov.za|
|the dtic Call Centre||0861 843 384|