Skip to content
Parliament 6th Administration
- Question 2038 – With reference to his reply to question 555 on 25 May 2020, (a) what are the details of the progress achieved to date for each company and (b) how is the progress (i) monitored and (ii) reported in each case?
- Question 1824 – (a) What total number of black-owned specifically Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Level 1 companies have received assistance from the National Empowerment Fund under the programme Corporate Fund sub-programmes Project Finance, and Liquidity & Warehousing and (b) under what trades are the specified companies?
- Question 1782 – With regard to his replies to questions, (a) 1109 on 22 July 2020 and (b) 1039 on 20 July 2020, what (i) was the purpose of each grant stipulated in the annexures and (ii) are the details of the geo-coordinates of the location of each project including longitude and latitude coordinates;
- Question 1738 – Whether, with reference to his reply to question 567 on 16 September 2019, the Chief Director who had been suspended for 729 days was placed on suspension for dealings in information technology (IT) procurement with a certain company (name furnished);
- Question 1719 – On what date will the building of the Mulilo Power Station at the SA Energy and Metallurgical Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Limpopo start;
- Question 1718 – Whether, with reference to the SA Energy and Metallurgical Special Economic Zone in Limpopo, he will furnish Ms A M M Weber with a copy of the (a) agreement between the President, Mr M C Ramaphosa, and the Chinese government for the investment of R145 billion in the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) and (b) environmental impact assessment for the SEZ Musina-Makhado in Limpopo;
- Question 1708 – On what date will the preliminary report of the investigation into the National Lotteries Commission (NLC) be tabled to the Portfolio Committee on Trade, Industry and Competition;
- Question 1671 – Whether a certain company (name furnished) that was launched on 6 June 2018 by his department is still being funded through the Black Industrialists Scheme; if so, what is the (a) funding transfer agreement, (b) contract thereof and (c) total amount of funding awarded to the specified company to date?
- Question 1663 – What amount of funding did his department contribute towards the March to Freedom exhibition in the City of Cape Town on 15 November 2019 and (b) how has he found did this fulfil the mandate of his department?
- Question 1649 – With reference to his reply to question 1293 on 18 November 2019, wherein he indicated that the second phase of the Ekandustria Revitalisation Programme has not been initiated yet, pending funding approval, (a) why was budget for the Ekandustria Revitalisation Programme not set aside for the 2019-20 financial year, (b) what further phases and deliverables are planned for the (i) 2019-20 and (ii) 2020-21 financial years for the specified programme and (c) what are the budgetary estimates for expenditure for the specified financial years for the specified programme?
- Question 1611 – Whether he will provide Mr M J Cuthbert with a detailed list of all (a) logistics, (b) catering, (c) venue hire, (d) musician hire and (e) advertising terms of the budget spent for all National Lottery roadshows that took place in the 2019-20 financial year?
- Question 1529 – With reference to the reply of the Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture to question 197 on 27 May 2020, (a) for what specified purpose did the National Lottery allocate R4 million to the SA Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) and (b) on what date (i) did (SASCOC) apply for the money and (ii) was the money transferred to SASCOC?
- Question 1527 – With reference to his reply to question 1107 on 22 June 2020, (a) on what type of leave are the two officials in the Industrial Financing Branch who have not reported for work since 2019, (b) for what period of time has each of the two officials been on the specified leave and (c) why were the names of the specified two officials not included in his reply to question 1107 on 22 June 2020;
- Question 1432 – What are the details of the events that led to Moody’s downgrading, from Ba1 to Ba 2, of the credit rating of the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC);
- Question 1431 – (1) Whether a certain person (name furnished) and/or any company with which he is associated is part of the media and communications service provider database and/or panel of the National Lotteries Commission (NLC);
(2) whether the specified person and/or any associated company of which he is a part has ever received any remuneration from the NLC in return for services rendered; if so, (a) on what date and (b) what was the value of the services rendered?
- Question 1379 – Whether his department did business with certain (a) persons, (b) companies and (c) trusts (names and details furnished in each case) (i) in each of the past five financial years and (ii) since 1 April 2019; if so, (aa) on what date(s) did his department do business with the specified persons, companies and trusts and (bb) what was the (aaa) nature and (bbb) monetary value of each business arrangement?
- Question 1355 – Whether he will furnish Mr M J Cuthbert with a list of legal service providers who have rendered legal services on a consultancy and/or other basis to the National Lotteries Commission (NLC) over the past five financial years; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details;
- Question 1307 – (a) Which international trips that were undertaken by officials of his department since 1 April 2014 were (i) related to the (aa) SA Copyright law and (bb) International Copyright law and (ii) sponsored by international corporations and (b) what is the name of each international corporation that sponsored each trip?
- Question 1306 – What are the details of all international trips that were undertaken by officials of his department since 2014, in each case, including the (a) date of the trip, (b) destination, (c) duration of the trip, (d) name of each official on the trip, (e) job title of each official on the trip, (f) purpose of the trip, (g) name of the conference or event attended and (h) name of each sponsor of the (i) trip and (ii) conference/event attended?
- Question 1293 – With reference to his reply to question 802 on 14 October 2019, wherein he indicated that the first phase of the Ekandustria Revitalisation Programme was completed on 27 March 2019, what (a) are the deliverables for the second phase of the programme, (b) is the progress of the second phase as at the latest specified date for which information is available, (c) is the envisaged completion date of the second phase and (d) amount has been budgeted or allocated to the second phase in the 2019-20 financial year?
- Question 1259 – What (a) is the current total cost of renovating the Credo Mutwa museum and library in Kuruman, Northern Cape and (b) amount was (i) allocated for the specific library, house and museum project by (aa) the Northern Cape government and (bb) his department and (ii) donated by the National Lotteries commission towards the construction of the Credo Mutwa museum;
- Question 1208 – What (a) has been the basic salary of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Empowerment Fund in each of the past three financial years, (b) benefits has the CEO been entitled to and (c) bonus has been paid to the CEO in each financial year?
- Question 1182 – Whether his department incurred any costs related to the (a) inauguration of the President of the Republic, Mr M C Ramaphosa, held in Pretoria on 25 May 2019 and (b) State of the Nation Address held in Cape Town on 20 June 2019; if so, in each case, (i) what costs were incurred and (ii) for what reason.
- Question 1140 – With reference to his reply to question 923 on 2 June 2020, what (a) is the name of each company from which the specified goods and/or services were purchased, (b) is the amount of each transaction and (c) was the service and/or product that each company rendered;
Parliament 5th Administration